GUNTER: The uselessness of Canada’s current climate extremism

Toronto Sun
People take part in a climate change strike in Toronto Toronto Sun | James Alexander Michie

People take part in a climate change strike in Toronto, on Sept. 27, 2019.Carlos Osorio / Reuters

There is no doubt that there is a futility of current climate extremism in Canada. And it is that certainly with almost all the candidates in the current federal elections kneeling before the Altar of Climate Doom, it is important to understand how useless it would be even if we sacrificed the entire economy of Canada in an attempt to save the planet.

It is necessary to remember that global warming is the cause of climate change, that is, the increase in the temperature of the planet caused by emissions into the atmosphere of greenhouse gases derived from human activity. Likewise, climate change is a global challenge that has no borders and that, in order to combat it, requires coordinated work by all countries.

However, there is no practical way to reduce our carbon emissions by 30% below their levels in 2005 or reach “zero net” emissions by 2030 or even 2050.

Nonsense Commitments

There is no doubt that with what has already been mentioned before, the climate commitments of each party do not make sense since all of them (except the Popular Party) are committed (approximately) to achieve one or the other of these two objectives.

In this way, it is understood that the ecological promises of political parties are so fantastic that they make no sense. Never Gonna happen. Keep in mind that in four years under the greenest liberals, Canada has increased its CO2 production by approximately as much as it has increased in the last four years of the Harper government.

In fact, even if we turn off all the lights and turn off all the machines that save lives, Canada’s contribution to global carbon dioxide is so small that our suffering throughout society and the decrease in life expectancy would do nothing to stop climate change.

And, the greenhouse gas emissions produced by man are only 3–5% of the global annual total. The rest (95% or more) comes from natural sources such as oceans, decaying plants and canals, and other natural processes.

Read more.

Source: Lorne Gunter | Toronto Sun

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *